Mar 09, 2017
Inside the Box Score
- Warrenfeltz went 2 for 4 with a home run and two runs batted in.
- Gall was 2 for 5, homered and drove in three.
- Josh Greenberg and Jordan Patterson also had two hits apiece. Greenberg doubled and added two RBIs.
- Dylan Beck walked twice.
- Travis Schweizer pitched three innings of relief for the win. He allowed an unearned and struck out four. Brad Sawyer got his first career start and went four innings. The freshman allowed three runs on seven hits and a walk. Nate Luscombe tossed a scoreless eighth and ninth.
How it Happened
- A pair of sacrifice flies in the top of the first gave Gettysburg the lead, but Warrenfeltz slugged a two-run homer in the bottom of the inning to tie the game.
- Hood took the lead on a two-run double in the third by Greenberg that drove in both Beck and Cam Esposito to make it 4-2.
- The Bullets pulled within a run in the fourth, but Gall hit a blast to center in the fifth for a 6-3 lead. Dylan Johnson followed with a double and later scored on a base hit by Drake Friend to stretch the lead to four.
- The two teams traded runs in the sixth. A groundout scored a run in the top of the inning for Gettysburg and Gall singled in Warrenfeltz as the Blazers led 8-4.
- Hood's final run came home in the seventh when Nathan Kessler stole third and scored on a throwing error.
- Chuck Probst, Connor Tom and JJ Lucido all had three hits for Gettysburg.
- Aaron Bezio started and took the loss, allowing four earned runs in 4.1 innings of work.
- Hood coach Cory Beddick picked up his first win over his alma mater.
A game against Penn St. Mont Alto slated for March 10 was postponed, making the Blazers' next game against Lancaster Bible on Hood's spring trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.