MONT ALTO, Pa. - The Hood College baseball team set a school record with 14 stolen bases in a 10-3 win at Penn St.-Mont Alto in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- The 15 steals were two more than the 13 the Blazers stole in a game earlier this season. Five different players stole two bases each: Cam Esposito, Dylan Johnson, Jordan Perez, Jordan Patterson and Drake Friend.
- The Blazers drew 13 walks in the game, one shy of the school record.
- Esposito and Brooks Warrenfeltz had three hits apiece. Warrenfeltz reached a fourth time via a walk and Johnson walked three times, as did Mikaili Robertson.
- Jake Howell picked up the win with four innings of relief. He allowed just one hit and a walk, striking out four. Ryan D'Allesandro stared and allowed three runs over four innings, striking out four. Jahlin Jean-Baptiste started the ninth before Bobby Ferguson made his Hood debut for the final out.
How it Happened
- After Hood scored in the top of the first, the Nittany Lions took the lead on a two-run double by Hunter Martin.
- A single by Warrenfeltz and a groundout by Esposito made it 3-2 in favor of the Blazers after the second.
- Mont Alto briefly tied the game in the fourth before Hood took the lead for good in the fifth. Patterson hit a sacrifice fly that was dropped in the outfield and later scored on a double play.
- The Blazers made it 6-3 in the seventh, scoring on another of the Nittany Lions' seven errors.
- Hood broke the game open with a four-run ninth. Esposito brought home a run with a double and scored on an error along during a sacrifice fly by Patterson that knocked in Warrenfeltz. Trent Copenhaver drove in the final run with an RBI single that brought in Patterson.
- Joel Clabaugh took the loss, allowing five runs on four hits and six walks over 4.2 innings.
- Martin had two hits.
Hood hosts Albright on Friday, April 6 at 3:30 p.m.