CHESTER, Pa. - The Hood College baseball team dropped a 6-2 final at Widener in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Daniel Shepherd went 2 for 4 with a double.
- Drake Friend walked twice.
- Brad Sawyer took the loss. He allowed four runs in 5.2 innings, striking out one.
How it Happened
- Greg Elfreth drove in the Pride's first run in the fifth and another scored on a fielder's choice for a 2-0 lead. Elfreth added a two-run single in the sixth stretch the lead to 4-0. In the seventh, a run came home on an error and Dylan Morrissette knocked in Stephen DeBellis with a sacrifice fly to make it 6-0.
- Hood got on the scoreboard in the eighth inning. Friend walked, stole second and scored on a base hit by Alex Staton. The Blazers scored again in the ninth when Shepherd doubled and scored on a sacrifice fly by Dylan Johnson.
- Elfreth went 3 for 5 and Morrissette was 3 for 3. Elfreth drove in three.
- Widener had 14 hits, all singles.
- Josh Lafferty pitched eight innings for the win. He allowed just one run and induced three double plays.
- Hood is 27-8 on the year and 11-8 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Widener improved to 19-16 and 10-9.
The two teams are scheduled to play a doubleheader in Frederick at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium on Saturday, April 28 at 4 p.m.