SALISBURY, Md. - The Hood College baseball team got the go-ahead run on base in the top of the ninth but No. 22 Salisbury held on for a 3-2 win over the Blazers.
Inside the Box Score
- Nathan Kessler had two hits and a walk and Jordan Patterson added a pair of base hits.
- Trent Copenhaver doubled.
- Daniel Shepherd stole two bases.
- Hood used the game to get six pitchers work over the nine innings. Connor Henniges took the loss. He allowed one run in one inning of relief.
How it Happened
- The Blazers scored single runs in the third and fourth innings to take an early lead.
- Dylan Beck led off the third with a bunt single and stole second. After a passed ball moved him to third, Shepherd squeezed him home for Hood's first run.
- In the fourth, Joe Kroeger was hit by a pitch, stole second and scored on an RBI single by Patterson to make it 2-0.
- The Sea Gulls cut the lead in half in the bottom of the fourth when Jimmy Monaghan knocked in Tyler Mayo with a single.
- RBI doubles by Jay Perry in the seventh and Brandon Bonesteel in the eighth put Salisbury on top.
- Beck was hit by a pitch in the ninth and Andrew Wenner singled to put two runners on with one out, but Xavier Marmol forced a double play to end the game.
- Marmol pitched 5.2 innings of relief for the win. He did not allow a run and struck out seven.
- Monaghan went 2 for 5 with two RBIs and Mayo scored twice.
Hood, 7-3 this season, opens conference at home against Stevenson on Friday, March 15.