DALLAS, Texas - Hood College's Nate Luscombe was named the honorable mention for the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association Pitcher of the Week award.
It is the third weekly award this week for the Blazer senior, who was already named the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth Pitcher of the Week and earned a place on the D3baseball.com Team of the Week.
Luscombe pitched seven innings of one-hit baseball, while not allowing a run in a 4-2 win over Widener on Senior Day. Luscombe was perfect for six innings before allowing a single in his final inning of work. The senior struck out five batters and did not walk a batter. He held the Pride to a .045 batting average. He retired the first 18 batters he faced, with only two balls leaving the infield.
Hood, 25-11-1 and 15-6 in the MAC Commonwealth, takes on fourth-seeded Widener on the first day of the MAC Commonwealth Championship on Thursday, May 2 at 3 p.m. at PeoplesBank Park in York, Pennsylvania.
2019 Hood College Baseball Accolades
- Mar. 11 - Jordan Patterson - MAC Commonwealth Pitcher of the Week
- Apr. 22 - Jordan Patterson - MAC Commonwealth Pitcher of the Week
- Apr. 29 - Nathan Kessler - MAC Commonwealth Player of the Week
- Apr. 29 - Nate Luscombe - MAC Commonwealth Pitcher of the Week
- Apr. 30 - Nathan Kessler - D3baseball.com Team of the Week
- Apr. 30 - Nate Luscombe - D3baseball.com Team of the Week
- May 01 - Nate Luscombe - NCBWA Division III Pitcher of the Week Honorable Mention