CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - A goal by Wilson midway through the first half proved to be the difference as Hood College fell to the Phoenix 1-0 in non-conference field hockey.
Inside the Box Score
- Hailey Poisal made six saves in goal for the Blazers.
- Wilson outshot Hood overall, 15-6, but the margin in shots on goal was much closer at 6-4.
How it Happened
- Miranda Long scored in the 18th minute off a feed from Lily Rembold to break a scoreless tie.
- Hood had a flurry of shots in a span of 20 seconds in the 57th minute, but Wilson weathered the storm. Back-to-back tries by Jayden Barrick, followed by attempts from Shelby Amspacher and ALonna Soward, were turned away by Kayla Butts.
- Hood is 3-9 on the season.
- Wilson improves to 5-6.
The Blazers travel to Albright for a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest on October 15.