Nov 15, 2016
Inside the Box Score
- Bolen led Hood with 18 points on 4-of-7 shooting. The graduate student hit 3-of-6 3-point field goals and went 7-of-8 from the free throw line. He added seven rebounds.
- Ruiz shot 5-of-10 from the floor and sank 4-of-7 3-pointers on his way to 16 points. The sophomore tallied three assists and three steals.
- Luke Casey had a team-high nine boards. Trevor Magnuski did a little of everything, finishing with eight rebounds and a team-high four assists.
- Hood held a 45-36 rebounding advantage.
- The Blazers went 23-of-39 at the free throw line, but limited the Saints to just 12 total attempts at the line.
How it Happened
- Hood opened the game with a 14-5 run that included five points from Tanner Ruths.
- The Blazers took a 25-15 lead on three by Ruiz, but back-to-back threes by Ibrahim Kamara helped Marymount cut the lead to 26-23 with under a minute left in the half. Hood scored five straight points in the final 27 seconds of the half to take a 31-23 lead into halftime.
- Bolen scored five of the first seven points of the second half as the Blazers took a 38-23 lead with 18:26 to play in the game.
- Hood still led 41-28 on a 3-pointer by Bolen with 16:44 on the clock, but Marymount reeled off a 13-0 run to tie the game on an Emmett Sloan lay up with just under 11 minutes to go.
- A three and a layup by Ruiz put the Blazers back in front 46-41 and Hood never trailed again.
- Kamara had a big game for the Saints, finishing with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Taiga Walker came off the bench for 10 points and Josh Giardina added five assists.
- Hood went 7-of-19 from 3-point range (37 percent), while hounding the Saints' perimeter game into just 7-of-31 (23 percent).
- The Blazers are 1-0 on the year, while Marymount starts 0-1.
Hood travels to the Shenandoah Tip-Off Tournament and takes on Averett in the opening round on November 18.