FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Ian Eversull came off the bench for a career-high 21 points to lead the Blazers to a 59-55 victory over Goucher in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Eversull was a perfect 4 of 4 from 3-point range and was 6 of 7 overall and 5 of 6 at the free throw line on his way to his career night.
- Luke Casey hauled in nine rebounds, including six on the offensive glass, as Hood (4-0) held a 35-26 edge on the backboards.
How it Happened
- Chris Outing scored with 9:06 left in the game to give the Gophers a 40-38 lead, but The Blazers reclaimed the lead with a 9-2 run. Eversull hit a 3-pointer to make it 41-40, and then hit another after a Jared Ruiz fast break layup to make it 46-42. Trevor Magnuski scored to put Hood up six, 48-42.
- The Blazers took another six-point lead, 58-52, on a layup by Scott Bolen with 2:44 on the clock. Neither team scored again until Dwayne Morton hit a 3-pointer for Goucher (1-3) with 1:12 to go, cutting the Blazers' edge to 58-55. Eversull iced the game with a free throw with three seconds remaining.
- Jesse Mondry went 4 of 5 from 3-point range and led the Gophers with 16 points. Outing had nine rebounds.
- Hood continued to use the free throw line to its advantage. The Blazers went 18 of 24 (75 percent), while Goucher attempted just five foul shots, making three.
The Blazers look to stay in the win column on Saturday, November 26 when they travel to Delaware Valley.