CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - The Hood College men's basketball team shot 53 percent from the field and 56 percent from 3-point range on its way to a 96-71 victory at Wilson.
The Blazers went 31 of 58 from the field and 9 of 16 from 3-point range.
- Trevor Magnuski hit 7 of 10 from the floor on his way to a career-high 19 points. The senior added eight rebounds.
- Luke Casey had 15 points and 12 rebounds for his first career double-double.
- Scott Bolen finished with 13 points and Michael Riley came off the bench for a career-high 11. Riley went 2 of 3 from 3-point range.
How it Happened
- A 3-pointer by Keion Adams gave the Phoenix an early 11-8 lead, less than five minutes into the game. Hood (7-1) then went on an 8-0 run that resulted in a 16-11 lead after a Daniel Wegener basket with 13:14 on the clock. Later, a 14-6 run by Hood resulted in a 35-25 edge after Magnuski scored with 5:11 to go in the half.
- Wilson (1-6) trailed 45-32 at the half, but trimmed the deficit to 46-40 after a Martez Becket 3-pointer less than two minutes into the second half. The Blazers countered with five straight points by Casey to start a 14-1 run. Magnuski hit a jumper with 11:21 remaining to make it 60-41.
- After the Phoenix pulled within 11, a 12-3 Hood spurt made it 76-56 after Riley's layup with 5:51 to go.
- The Blazers' 96 points in the game were the team's most since racking up 103 against Waynesburg on March 8, 2014.
- Hood nearly doubled Wilson on the glass, 41-22. The Blazers had 18 offensive rebounds in the game, resulting in a 17-1 edge in favor of Hood on second chance points.
- Adams did his best to keep the Phoenix in the contest, hitting 10 of 14 field goals on his way to a game-high 29 points. He was 6 of 8 from 3-point range.
- Wilson had just two steals in the contest.
- The Blazers went 25 of 33 at the free throw line (76 percent), while the Phoenix attempted just 18 foul shots in the contest.
Hood tries to stay in the win column on Saturday, December 10 at 3 p.m. against Lebanon Valley. The contest is a White Out, with all fans encouraged to wear white. the first 100 students to the doubleheader (women's tip at 1 p.m.) will receive a free t-shirt.