READING, Pa. - The Hood College men's basketball team nearly erased a 15-point deficit in the final six minutes, but Albright survived for a 61-57 win in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Scott Bolen had a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
- Trevor Magnuski finished with 12 points and eight rebounds, going a perfect 6 for 6 at the free throw line.
- Tanner Ruths added four assists.
How it Happened
- Albright (6-7, 4-0) led 55-40 after Brandon Lindsay hit one of his five 3-pointers with 5:55 left. Hood (10-3, 2-2) still trailed 57-47 after a layup by Jayson Clark with 4:11 remaining. After a Daniel Wegener free throw, Bolen cut it to 57-50 with a layup with 2:09 to go. Ruths came up with a steal and found Magnuski to bring the Blazers within five 13 seconds later. The two teams traded free throws before Bolen knocked down a long 3-pointer to cut the lead to 59-57 with 21 seconds left. Hood was forced to foul and Dejuan Smith sank a pair of foul shots to seal the victory.
- Hood's late run came in response to one by Albright that had erased a 10-point Blazer lead early in the second half. A layup by Luke Casey gave Hood a 35-25 lead with 16:20 on the clock. Fred Rowles answered with a 3-pointer that began a 24-3 run. Omari Ringgold's 3-pointer with 7:53 remaining put the Lions on top 49-38.
- The Blazers led 27-23 at halftime.
- Lindsay scored a game-high 19 for Albright off the bench. Smith added 13 points, Rowles 11 and Ringgold 10.
- Hood held a 39-27 rebounding advantage.
- Both teams shot 77 percent from the free throw line, but the Blazers 17 made free throws were as many as Albright attempted in the contest. Hood outscored the Lions 26-12 in the paint, but Albright offset that with a 10 of 30 effort from 3-point range.
The Blazers look to get back into the win column with a trip to Arcadia on Saturday, January 7.