ANNVILLE, Pa. - Lebanon Valley caught fire from 3-point range and defeated the Hood College men's basketball team 94-74 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Tanner Ruths and Kobe Butler had 13 points apiece to lead the Blazers.
- Ruths went 4 of 5 shooting.
- Butler led a bench that scored 41 of Hood's 74 points.
How it Happened
- Lebanon Valley (12-8, 6-5) opened the contest with an 11-3 run over the opening six and a half minutes. Hood (13-7, 5-6) pulled within two on several occasions, including a 3-pointer by Trevor Magnuski that made it 23-21 with 6:05 to go in the half, but Travis Conrad scored 11 points during a 19-6 run that built a 15-point LVC edge.
- Hood trailed 42-31 at the half but cut the lead to single digits on a basket by Jared Ruiz with 15:59 left, 49-40. An 11-4 run by the Dutchmen followed and stretched the Blazers' deficit to 60-44 at the 11 minute mark.
- A 3-pointer by Butler and a 3-point play by Michael Robinson preceded a foul shot by Daniel Wegener to bring Hood within 60-51, but back-to-back 3-pointers by Caleb Barwin and Conrad once again thwarted the Blazers' comeback efforts.
- Conrad had a huge game, sinking 8 of 17 3-point attempts and finishing with 33 points. Barwin came off the bench to hit 4 of 6 3-point field goals, ending his day with 14 points off the bench.
- The duo fueled a 3-point attack for the Dutchmen that went 16 of 37 in the game (43 percent).
- Sam Light added 15 points and Andy Orr finished with 12.
- Both teams shot 47 percent in the contest. Hood went 8 of 21 from beyond the arc (38 percent).
Hood will look to get back in the win column on Wednesday, February 1 when Albright visits BB&T Arena.