FREDERICK, Md. – Hood pulled away in the second half to come back and win comfortably against Stevenson 77-66 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Scott Bolen led the Blazers with 14 points.
- Trevor Magnuski followed with 13 points, shooting 66 percent (6 of 9) from the field.
- Tanner Ruths, Kobe Butler, and Jared Ruiz added 11, 11, and 10 points respectively.
- Luke Casey led the Blazers with five rebounds and went 3 for 3 from the field with seven points.
How it Happened
- Stevenson led at the end of the first half 41-36, outrebounding the Blazers 17-9.
- The Mustangs went on an 11-4 run to build a 12-point lead on the Blazers, 31-19, at 6:48 in the first half.
- Hood outscored the Mustangs the rest of the first half 17-10 to cut the lead down to five at the end of the half. Bolen scored two 3-pointers at 4:12 and 1:38 to help narrow the gap.
- Hood outscored Stevenson 41-25 in the second half to come back and win. The Blazers' comeback started with a 12-4 run to take the lead 51-50 at 14:52 in the second half.
- Hood went on a 15-4 run at the end of the game to build a big lead and win comfortably over Stevenson. Butler's 3-pointer at 8:37 sparked the Blazers run and scored five points during the run. Five Blazers scored in the streak as Magnuski added four points. Michael Riley, Ruiz, and Ruths followed with two each.
- Hood shot 56 percent (14 of 25) from the field in the first half to Stevenson's 58 percent (17 of 29). Both teams shot 50 percent (5 of 10 each) from 3-point range.
- Hood shot 51 percent (29 of 56) from the field over the game to Stevenson's 50 percent (24 of 48).
- Cameron Hayes led for Stevenson with 25 points and six rebounds. Cliff Cornish scored a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Mustangs. Johnny Rhodes added 13 points for Stevenson.
The Blazers head to Widener on Saturday, February 11.