HARRISONBURG, Va. - Hood College's Evan Wang had the most steals for a Blazer in 10 years, but it was not enough in a 98-83 loss at Eastern Mennonite.
Inside the Box Score
- Wang recorded seven steals, two short of Darnell Edmonds school record of nine in 2007. The freshman added eight rebounds and four assists to his evening.
- Daniel Wegener reached double digits off the bench for the second game in a row, hitting all four of his field goals on his way to 13 points. The junior's five blocks were the most for a Hood player since Scott Bolen rejected as many in 2015.
- Nathaniel Christian came off the bench for a team-high 18 points on 8 of 11 shooting.
- Luke Casey turned in his second straight double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
How it Happened
- Hood took a 12-11 lead on a layup by Christian Evans with 13:32 left in the first half, the first of four lead changes in the next two minutes and 20 seconds.
- Rashawn Latimer's layup with 11:22 remaining in the half gave the Royals a 16-15 lead and they never trailed again.
- Kobe Butler brought the Blazers within 33-32 with a 3-pointer at 4:24, but EMU answered with a 3-pointer by Maleke Jones stretched the Eastern Mennonite lead to 36-32.
- Trailing 46-39 at halftime, Hood pulled within four after tip-in by Luke Casey and a free throw by Butler with 19 minutes left.
- A 10-2 run by EMU followed and Hood never pulled within eight after that.
- Latimer hit 9 of 15 field goals on his way to a game-high 24 points.
- Jerome Jones and Isaiah Winn-Harris scored 18 points apiece for Eastern Mennonite, while Jones added 10 rebounds for a double-double.
- Hood outrebounded EMU 47-43.
The Blazers host Delaware Valley on November 25.