ANNVILLE, Pa. - Hood College erased a 17-point deficit to take the lead, but Lebanon Valley rallied for a 76-73 win over the Blazers in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Anthony Pearson led Hood in scoring for the third straight game. The freshman finished with 15 points and seven rebounds.
- Michael Riley was one rebound shy of his first career double-double with 13 points and nine boards. He was 5 of 8 shooting, including 3 of 6 from 3-point range.
- Evan Wang knocked down 5 of 9 field goals for 10 points.
How it Happened
- The Blazers trailed 47-30 early in the second half and spent the rest of the half chipping away at the deficit. Hood trailed 58-47 but embarked an an 11-0 run to tie the game on Nathaniel Christian steal and layup with 5:20 to play. Two minutes later, Daniel Wegener scored to give the Blazers a 62-61 lead. Will Boccanfuso scored at the other end to put the Dutchmen back on top.
- Hood (3-6, 1-2) pulled within two points twice after that, including a 3-pointer by Riley with 21 seconds to go to make it 72-70, but could not get over the top.
- The Blazers led early 9-6 after Evan Wang scored with 15:41 left in the first half. Sam Light scored back-to-back baskets to give LVC (7-2, 3-1) a lead they did not relinquish until Wegener's late bucket. Lebanon Valley led 39-29 at halftime.
- Light shot 11 of 25 on his way to 28 points, but went just 1 of 9 from 3-point range.
- Andy Orr scored 18 points and added eight rebounds. Chris Anderson dished out nine assists.
- Hood held the Dutchmen to just 3 of 20 on 3-point field goals (15 percent).
- The Blazers were 14 of 16 at the free throw line (88 percent).
- Hood's bench outscored the Dutchmen reserves 26-8.
The Blazers head to the Cregger Invitational at Roanoke on December 16-17. Hood opens the tournament against Wesley a 3 p.m. on December 16.