ROANOKE, Va. - The Hood College men's basketball team scored a season-high but Wesley College outran the Blazers 105-94 on the opening day of the Cregger Invitational.
Inside the Box Score
- Anthony Pearson came off the bench for 23 points, the fourth straight game that the freshman led the team in scoring.
- Michael Riley added 15 points and eight rebounds.
- Mason Wang hit 4 of 5 field goal attempts on his way to 12 points. Wang and Pearson led a reserve unit for Hood that outscored Wesley's bench 46-18.
- Luke Casey came up one point shy of a double-double and led all players with 11 rebounds.
How it Happened
- The Wolverines' perimeter offense caught fire as Wesley hit 17 of 28 from 3-point range (61 percent).
- Hood scored the game's first six points before a 21-5 run by the Wolverines made it 21-11 with 13:17 left in the first half.
- The Blazers trailed 53-42 at halftime.
- With 6:21 left in the game, Riley picked up a steal and was fouled. He hit 1 of 2 free throws to cut the Hood deficit to 84-80. Wesley went on a 13-0 run over the next four-plus minutes to swell the lead to 97-80 after a pair of free throws by Mychal Stefanides.
- Brian Cameron hit 8 of 9 3-point field goals on his way to 28 points, 25 of which he scored in the first half. Brandon Lewis matched Cameron's game-high of 28 points and Evan Anderson added 23. The trio combined for 79 of the team's 105 points.
- Hood managed to get to the free throw line 40 times, knocking down 31 (78 percent).
The Blazers will play Goucher in the consolation game of the Cregger Invitational on Sunday, December 17 at 1 p.m.