FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's basketball team dropped a home Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest to the visiting Dutchmen of Lebanon Valley College 92-83.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior forward Luke Casey led the Blazers with a career-high 16 points along with seven rebounds.
- Anthony Pearson and Evan Wang got into doubles figures with 12 and 11 points respectively.
- Jared Ruiz joined the others in double figures with 11 points and added a team-high six assists.
How it Happened
- The Dutchmen jumped out to a 5-0 lead to start the game but Hood's Kobe Butler answered and tied the game 12-12 at the 13:13 mark with a 3-pointer.
- An 11-4 run by the Blazers capped by a layup by Daniel Wegener gave Hood a seven point lead 23-16 with just over nine minutes remaining in the first half.
- Dutchmen guard Chris Anderson made a layup to conclude the first half to cut the Blazer lead to three 42-39.
- Lebanon Valley was able to take a 54-53 lead on a 3-pointer by Sam Light but Pearson answered on the next possession for the Blazers to regain the lead 56-54 with 14:14 to play.
- Hood led 61-56 after a 3-pointer by Wang but the Dutchmen responded with a 9-0 run to take a 65-61 lead with 10:41 remaining.
- The teams traded baskets down the stretch with Lebanon Valley's lead getting as large as 12, 85-73, with 1:56 left to play.
- The Blazers cut the lead to six within the next 36 seconds with threes from Casey and Wang to make the score 85-79.
- Hood was forced to foul and the Dutchmen closed out the game from the charity stripe.
- Sam Light led the Dutchmen with 27 points and Andy Orr added 25.
- Chris Anderson recorded a double-double with 10 points and 10 helpers.
- Will Boccanfuso chipped in with 12 points, nine boards, and four blocks and Zach Tucker came off the bench to add 10 points.
- The Blazers held an advantage in second chance point 17-8 and the bench outscored the Dutchmen's 32-16.
Hood travels to Albright on Wednesday, January 31 at 8 p.m.