READING, Pa. - Hood led by three in the second half, but a 28-10 run by Albright gave the Lions a 101-79 win in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Luke Casey had 11 points and 14 rebounds in the game for his fourth double-double of the year.
- Michael Riley returned from injury and scored a team-high 12 points off the bench.
- Jared Ruiz (11 points) and Anthony Pearson (10) also scored in double figures.
- The Blazers hit 27 of 30 free throws as a team (90 percent).
How it Happened
- The first half saw the teams combine for 19 ties and/or lead changes as neither team led by more than three. A pair of free throws by Casey, who was 5 of 5 at the line, tied the score at 32-32 with just over a minute left in the half, but the Lions scored the final three points to take a 35-32 lead at halftime.
- A layup by Tyler Evans with 17:52 to play put the Blazers ahead 40-37. A layup by Fred Rowles pulled Albright within a point and Brandon Lindsay drained a pair of 3-pointers for a 45-40 lead barely a minute later. The three quick scores started Albright's game-changing run that resulted in a 65-50 lead with 10:08 to go. Casey scored to stop the run, but Hood could not pull closer than 13 the rest of the way.
- Rowles led all players with 25 points, hitting 8 of 15 field goals. He added nine rebounds and six assists. DeJuan Smith posted a double-double with 16 points and 11 boards while matching Rowles' six assists. Lindsay scored 17 points.
- Despite a strong night at the free throw line, Hood's shooting touch escaped the Blazers otherwise. The team shot only 35 percent overall, including 24 percent from 3-point range. Albright, meanwhile, shot 47 percent on the night.
- Both benches had big nights, with Hood's holding a 37-34 scoring edge over the reserves for the Lions.
Hood is idle before traveling to Stevenson on February 7 for an 8 p.m. tip off.