DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - Hood College's Evan Wang grabbed an offensive rebound and scored with 4.7 seconds left in overtime for the go-ahead basket in an 87-85 victory at Delaware Valley.
Inside the Box Score
- The Wang brothers combined for 48 points in the win. Mason Wang led all players with 27 points on 9 of 15 shooting and added three steals. Evan scored 21 points on 8 of 12 shooting.
- Jared Ruiz notched a dozen points and seven rebounds.
- Michael Riley finished with 10 points.
- Hood shot 52 percent in the contest, including 7 of 19 from 3-point range (37 percent). The Blazers sank 18 of 23 free throws (78 percent).
How it Happened
- Trailing 85-84, a jumper by Ruiz with seven seconds left was off the mark, but Evan Wang hauled in the board and put it back in for the game-winner. A 3-pointer by Damian Washington was off the mark and Ruiz was fouled after grabbing the rebound with 0.4 seconds to go. He hit the first and missed the second to allow time to expire.
- Hood led by 14 in the first half after a layup by Wang made it 24-10 with 10:29 left in the half. But just as the Blazers controlled the opening 10 minutes of the period, the Aggies controlled the 10 minutes heading into the half and the teams went to the locker room tied at 32-32.
- In the second half, two free throws by Keith Claiborne Jr. with 27 seconds remaining gave Hood a 77-74 lead but Lybrant Robinson hit a 3-point field goal with seven seconds left to send the game to overtime.
- The win was Hood's fourth straight as the Blazers improved to 5-1 on the year.
- Delaware Valley (2-2) stayed in the game by knocking down 13 of 28 3-pointers (46 percent).
- Alex Matsinye had 21 points for the Aggies on 7 of 12 shooting and added five rebounds, eight assists and four steals. Robinson matched his 21 points. Mike Cianciulli had 15 points and Damani Myers scored 12. Washington, who also had nine rebounds, gave DVU five players in double digits with 16 points.
- Hood outrebounded Delaware Valley 34-31 and outscored the Aggies in the paint 48-28.
Hood hosts Alvernia in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth opener for both teams on Wednesday, November 28 at 6 p.m.