MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - The Hood College men's basketball team dropped a non-conference contest at Division I Robert Morris 108-51.
Inside the Box Score
- Anthony Pearson and Mason Wang scored 11 points apiece to lead the Blazers.
- Nicholas Woods had a season-high seven points.
How it Happened
- Hood kept pace in the early going against the Colonials. A free throw by Pearson cut RMU's lead to 10-8 with 15:06 left in the first half. After seven straight points by the Colonials, a free throw by Wang and a layup from Pearson kept Hood within 17-11 at the 12:23 mark of the half. Kobe Butler cut the deficit to 18-13 with a jumper barely a minute later.
- An 18-0 run by the Colonials followed, however, and a Jon Williams 3-pointer made it 36-13 with 6:44 left in the half.
- The Blazers trailed 50-26 at halftime and a 15-2 run by RMU to start the second half dashed any hopes of a comeback.
- Six Colonials scored in double figures, led by Malik Petteway, who scored 18 on 8 of 9 shooting and grabbed 10 rebounds. Matty McConnell went 6 of 8 shooting and finished with 17 points.
- Yannis Mendy had 15 rebounds.
- Hood forced Robert Morris into 21 turnovers, while the Blazers committed just 14 themselves.
- The Colonials hit 25 of 35 field goals and finished the game at 67 percent.
- Hood dropped to 7-5, while RMU climbed to 5-8.
The Blazers will look to get back into the win column on Saturday, December 30 at Saint Vincent.