LATROBE, Pa. - The Hood College men's basketball team ran into another hot-shooting team to wrap up its two-game trip to western Pennsylvania with an 87-73 loss at Saint Vincent.
Inside the Box Score
- Mason Wang shot 8 of 12 from the field and finished with 21 points and four steals.
- Evan Wang scored 13 points and grabbed six rebounds.
- Anthony Pearson came off the bench for 10 points and eight rebounds.
How it Happened
- The Bearcats came out on fire, knocking down their first six 3-point field goal attempts and built a 23-5 lead in the opening five minutes and 20 seconds. David Stephen hit threes on St. Vincent's first three possessions to fuel the strong start.
- The Blazers regrouped and went on a 14-7 run that cut the deficit to nine when a Mason Wang layup made it 30-21 with 6:31 to go in the half.
- Josh Duda hit back-to-back 3-pointers to stop the Blazers' momentum and start a 19-8 run to give Saint Vincent a 49-28 lead at halftime.
- Hood chipped the Bearcats' lead to 12 on two occasions in the second half, including on a layup by Wang with 9:15 left to make it 63-51. Saint Vincent responded with a 13-4 run that pushed the lead over 20, 76-55, on a pair of free throws by Andrew Reed with just over six minutes to play.
- David hit six 3-pointer in the first half and finished the game 7 of 11 behind the arc on his way to 24 points. He led a perimeter attack that hit 15 of 27 3-point field goals (56 percent).
- Shemar Bennett went 5 for 5 shooting off the bench and scored 15 points, while Mike Simmons scored 14 points. Tom Kromka added nine boards and three blocks.
- Hood slid to 7-6, while Saint Vincent improved to 10-2.
The Blazers host Hampden-Sydney in a non-conference contest on January 2.