WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - The Hood College men's basketball team came out on the short end of a 107-100 final at Lycoming in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Mason Wang had 29 points to lead the Blazers. The sophomore went 9 of 10 at the free throw line and had three steals.
- Keith Claiborne Jr. came off the bench to go 4 for 4 from the floor on his way to 14 points.
- Kobe Butler reached double figures for the second straight game with 13 points and Michael Riley pitched in with 12.
- Freshman Christopher Smalls had four assists and four steals off the bench, while classmate Nicholas Woods led the team with six rebounds.
How it Happened
- The Warriors were on fire from 3-point range all afternoon, sinking 24 of 39 attempts (62 percent). Matt Ilodigwe led the perimeter onslaught by connecting on 11 of 15 himself to finish with a game-high 33 points.
- Lycoming opened the game with a 13-5 run before Wang scored five points in a row and two free throws from Riley made it 13-12 with 11:46 to go in the half. Hood pulled within a point on several other occasions over the rest of the half, including a pair of free throws by Butler to cut it to 31-30 with 5:25 left in the period. The Warriors closed out the half with a 13-7 spurt, including seven points by Ryan Hollis for a 44-37 edge at the intermission.
- Ian Eversull scored to start the second half but two 3-pointers by Ilodigwe and one by Darius James sent the Warrior lead into double digits, 53-39 with 16:56 to play. Lycoming took its biggest lead of the game on a 3-pointer by Calvin Chandler that made the score 91-67 with 5:25 remaining.
- Hood attempted to mount a furious comeback down the stretch, closing the game with a 33-16 run. Claiborne Jr. and Mason and Evan Wang combined for 25 points during the run but time was working against the Blazers.
- In addition to Ilodigwe's career day, four other Warriors had double-figure scoring days. Chandler and Hollis scored 13 apiece. James had a dozen and Hiro Yamaki finished with 11.
- Chandler and Hollis finished with double-doubles. Chandler grabbed 11 rebounds and Hollis had 10 assists.
- With the loss, Hood is 15-8 overall and moves into a tie for second place in the MAC Commonwealth with Widener at 9-5. Lycoming improved to 10-14 and 4-11.
Hood travels to Stevenson on February 12.