Feb 25, 2017
WINCHESTER, Va. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped a 9-4 final at Shenandoah in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- The Blazers won the face off battle all afternoon. Zach Kauffman won 16 of 17 and led the team with seven ground balls.
- Alexander Elliott, Tristan Moreno, Sean Murphy and Patrick O'Brien each scored once for Hood.
- Patrick Hurley had four ground balls. John Hoffman stopped 13 shots in goal.
How it Happened
- The Hornets scored the game's first three goals before O'Brien's goal with 46 seconds left in the first quarter made it 3-1.
- Neither team scored for over nine minutes after O'Brien got Hood on the board. The Blazers pulled within one on a goal by Murphy off a feed from Eddie Somerville with 8:21 left in the half. Moreno's goal with under five minutes left in the period again pulled Hood within a single goal, 4-3, but Tilghman Sanders assisted on a pair of Ryan Schott goals down the stretch and Shenandoah led 6-3 at halftime.
- The pace slowed considerably in the second half as the two sides combined for just four total goals.
- Ben Judy was the difference in goal for Shenandoah, making 20 saves. Sanders scored twice and dished out five assists. Stephen LaTona had three goals. Chris Wolford had four ground balls and two caused turnovers.
Hood travels to Washington & Jefferson on March 1 for a 5 p.m. start.