LATROBE, Pa. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team won its fourth straight game for the first time in school history and Alex Villegas became the Blazers' all-time leader in goals scored in a 13-4 win at St. Vincent.
Inside the Box Score
- Villegas had three goals and an assist and ran his career total to 67 goals, one more than Kris Miner scored from 2008-11.
- Grayson Zubradt and Zak Kooser matched Villegas's line of three goal and an assist.
- Tristan Moreno finished with two goals an assist, while Eddie Somerville added two goals and four ground balls.
- Zach Kauffman won 16 of 19 face offs and led the team with 12 ground balls.
- John Hoffman stopped seven shots.
How it Happened
- Villegas scored twice in a span of 38 seconds in the third quarter to tie and set the record. Hood led 9-3 at halftime and the senior stretched the lead two eight with 11:05 remaining in the third quarter.
- The Blazer offense started slowly, not scoring in the opening 11 minutes of the game, while the Bearcats built a 2-0 lead. Kooser started a four-goal run, featuring two goals by Zubradt, in the final 3:48 of the period as Hood took a 4-2 lead.
- Frank Casile scored with 8:32 left in the half to bring St. Vincent within 6-3, but Hood would not allow another tally for the next 28:56.
- No player had more than one point in the game for the Bearcats.
- Michael Grus caused three turnovers.
- Kevin Tregoning and Brandon Martin each played a half in net. Martin made seven saves, two more than Tregoning.
Hood hosts Rosemont on Wednesday, March 15.