FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Alex Villegas scored two goals to become the first player in Blazer history with 100 career points, but Messiah escaped with a 19-8 win in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Villegas was one of four Hood players to score twice in the game, joining Zak Kooser, Patrick O'Brien and Grayson Zubradt. Patrick Hurley, Kooser, Tristan Moreno and Zubradt had assists.
- Eamon Mulligan had five ground balls and three caused turnovers, while Will Clampitt added five ground balls.
- Zach Kauffman led the team with seven ground balls. John Hoffman made 13 saves.
How it Happened
- Messiah kept Hood off the scoreboard in the first, jumping ahead 3-0. The Blazers pulled within 3-2 with 11:44 left in the half on goals by O'Brien and Kooser, but the Falcons ended the half with a five-goal run and led 8-2 at halftime.
- Hood stayed within six after three quarters, 11-5, but a 6-0 run to start the fourth quarter by Messiah put the game out of reach.
- Justin Bradley had a game-high four goals. Matthew Franken finished with three goals and three assists.
- Sam Stengel made eight saves.
Hood heads to Lycoming on April 1.