Apr 01, 2017
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team fell at Lycoming 11-8 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt scored two goals and now has 36 on the season, giving him Hood's single season records for goals and points. He broke his own marks from a year ago.
- Tristan Moreno also scored twice and Alex Villegas added a goal and an assist.
- Eamon Mulligan had four ground balls and a caused turnover.
- Zach Kauffman won 11 of 21 face offs and tallied six ground balls.
- John Hoffman stopped 12 shots in goal.
How it Happened
- The game was a tale of two halves with Hood jumping out to a 7-2 lead at halftime. The Blazers scored four times in the opening eight and a half minutes and went ahead 4-0 after Villegas took an assist from Alexander Elliott.
- After Lycoming got onto the scoreboard, Villegas fed Patrick Hurley with 1:43 to go in the first quarter and Hood (6-4, 0-2) led 5-1 at the end of the period.
- Second quarter goals by Eddie Somerville and Moreno gave the Blazers their 7-2 edge at the break.
- Four different players scored for Lycoming (3-5, 1-1) during the third quarter as the Warriors pulled within 8-6 with one period left to play.
- Richie Hurley and Tyler Thompson scored in the opening minutes of the fourth to tie the game at 8-8 with just under 13 minutes left. After that, the two teams tightened their defenses and no one scored for over nine minutes.
- Peter Pluta completed the comeback for Lycoming with the game-winner with 3:44 remaining.
- Richie Hurley had three goals and an assist for the Warriors. Huff scored once and dished out a game-high four assists. Drew Collins had two assists and caused two turnovers.
- Nick George went 6 of 8 on faceoffs and scooped five ground balls. Michael Tenant had 10 saves.
Hood travels to nationally ranked Stevenson on Wednesday, April 5.