READING, Pa. - An Albright goal with six seconds left in regulation tied the game and another at the start of overtime spoiled Hood College's hopes of an upset in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth men's lacrosse contest 9-8.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt scored three goals in the game to become the first Blazer to score 40 goals in a single season.
- Zak Kooser's two assists gave him 31 on the year, the first time a Hood player has topped 30 helpers in a season.
- Tristan Moreno and Patrick O'Brien scored twice each. Eddie Somerville had a goal and an assist.
- John Hoffman had five ground balls and 10 saves.
How it Happened
- Moreno's second goal of the day made it 8-7 with 7:34 left in the fourth. In the closing seconds, Albright called a timeout and, on the ensuing play, Andrew Potter tied the game with six ticks left on the clock to send it to overtime.
- In overtime, the Lions won the faceoff and Jordan Zehr scored with 3:20 left for the win.
- Hood trailed early in the game 2-0 but tied the game before the end of the first quarter on goals by Moreno and Zubradt.
- In the second quarter, the Blazer defense limited the Lions to just a single goal and after Zubradt tied the game at 3-3, O'Brien's marker with 6:05 left made it 4-3 in favor of Hood at the half.
- Somerville scored a minute into the third period, but a pair of man-up goals by Potter tied the game at 5-5 with 1:45 left in the third. A late tally from O'Brien gave the Blazers the edge heading into the fourth quarter.
- After Zubradt stretched Hood's lead back to two, goals from Derek Stump and Potter tied things at 7-7 with 10:45 to go.
- Potter scored a game-high five goals, while Stump had two goals and three assists.
- Nick Jones had four ground balls, while TJ Keleher caused two turnovers.
- Ryan Aler stopped nine shots in goal.
Hood hosts Rosemont in a game rescheduled from earlier this spring on Saturday, April 15 at 1 p.m.