Apr 15, 2017
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team won a school-record tying eighth game of the year as the Blazers knocked off Rosemont 15-5.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt had seven goals and an assist for eight points. His goal and point counts are the second-best in Hood history, trailing his 11-goal, 12-point effort earlier this year against Neumann.
- Zak Kooser dished out five assists, his fifth game of the season with at least that many.
- Eddie Somerville scored three goals, while Tristan Moreno added two goals and two assists.
- James Bimstefer and Charlie Suarez each caused two turnovers.
- Zach Kauffman won 11 of 13 faceoffs and hauled in eight ground balls.
- John Hoffman and Kyle Morgenroth made four saves apiece.
How it Happened
- Zubradt scored three times in the first quarter, including a goal with seven seconds left that made it 6-0 at the end of the quarter.
- Rosemont's Ben Koszelak opened the scoring in the second period, but Somerville and Zubradt scored twice each during a five-goal run that made it 11-1 at halftime.
- Hood scored the first three goals of the second half before the Ravens closed the game with a 4-1 run.
- Koszelak scored four goals for Rosemont.
- Cassius Christie stopped 20 shots and scooped up four ground balls.
- The Blazers' eight wins tie the 2011 squad for the most in school history.
Hood hosts Widener on April 22.