G: Eddie Somerville - 3
A: Patrick O'Brien - 2
Sv: John Hoffman - 11
GB: Zach Kauffman - 6
G: Chris Drake - 7
A: 2 Players (#3, #22 - 2)
Sv: Matt Horton - 17
GB: 2 Players (#9, #30 - 4)
Face Offs Won
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team fell 15-6 to visiting Widener in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Eddie Somerville led the Blazers with three goals scored, while Alex Villegas added a pair.
- Patrick O'Brien netted two assists.
- James Bimstefer had three ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- Zach Kauffman won 12 of 21 faceoffs and had a game-high six ground balls.
- John Hoffman made 11 saves in the first three quarters, while Kyle Morgenroth stopped six shots in the fourth period.
How it Happened
- Hood's offense was slow out of the gate as the Pride jumped ahead 6-0 at halftime. Somerville took an assist from Tristan Moreno to open the second half, but Widener scored six unanswered goals over the rest of the period.
- The Blazers turned five Widener penalties, including three majors, into four goals as the Hood extra man unit went 4 of 7 on the day. Villegas and Somerville each scored two man up goals in the fourth.
- Chris Drake led Widener with seven goals. Chris Heuston had five caused turnovers.
Hood travels to Lebanon Valley on Wednesday, April 25.