Feb 24, 2018
FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team picked up its first win of the season with a 10-7 victory over the Shenandoah Hornets.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt fueled the charge with four goals and four assists for the Blazers. His eight points tied for second all-time in Hood history and his four assists were a career-high.
- Bentley LeBarron found the back of the net three times for his first career hat-trick.
- Eddie Somerville added two goals and Zak Kooser dished out two assists.
- Ian Wittler caused three turnovers.
- Ben Gilbert and WIll Clampitt each led the team with five ground balls apiece. Clampitt added to his tally with an assist.
- Noah Waterlander made 12 saves in goal.
How it Happened
- The Hornets scored with 18 seconds remaining in the first period to take a 2-1 lead heading into the second period.
- Shenandoah scored just 12 seconds into the second quarter to take a 3-1 advantage.
- The Blazers responded with a goal by freshman Jason Jaworski, the first of his career, with 5:12 to go in the second.
- Zubradt was able to score on a nifty finish with 3:51 remaining in the first half to send the game into the halftime break tied 3-3.
- Hood struck first in the second half with two goals, one from LeBarron and one by Zubradt to take a 5-3 lead.
- Shenandoah came back with three unanswered goals to regain the lead but once again it was Zubradt finding the back of the net to tie the game 6-6 heading into the final period.
- Both teams scored to open up the fourth period before the Blazers notched three straight goals down the stretch to put the game out of reach at 10-7.
- Ryan Schott and Michael Brooks led the Hornets with two goals apiece. Zack ZImmerman had three assists. Andrew Shy came up with six ground balls. Jason Simpson made seven saves.
The Blazers host Chatham on March 3 at 4 p.m.