FREDERICK, Md.- Zak Kooser's career-high seven points led the Blazers to a 15-10 victory over the St. Vincent Bearcats. His seven points placed him fifth on Hood's all-time list for a single game.
Inside the Box Score
- Kooser notched four goals and three assists.
- Bentley LeBarron had three goals and Patrick Hurley scored twice with one assist.
- Eddie Somerville added a goal and two helpers.
- Eamon Mulligan scooped up five ground balls.
- Noah Waterlander made two saves in the first half. Kyle Morgenroth notched six saves in the second half.
How it Happened
- The Bearcats jumped out to a 2-0 lead just four minutes into the contest.
- Three consecutive goals by Hood, two from LeBarron and one from Kooser, put the Blazers in front with just under five minutes remaining in the first quarter.
- St. Vincent answered with a goal just 30 seconds later to tie the game 3-3.
- Jason Jaworski found the back of the net and Kooser scored again with 10 seconds left to give Hood a 5-3 lead after one period.
- The second period saw three straight goals by Hood answered by three goals from the Bearcats to make the score 8-6 at the halftime break.
- Both teams traded goals to open the third quarter before Hood outscored St. Vincent 4-1 to extend the lead to five, 13-8.
- Kooser opened up the final period with a goal just eight seconds in off of a pass from Somerville.
- At the 12:49 mark Kooser returned the favor by feeding Somerville for a man-up goal to push the lead to seven for the Blazers.
- The Bearcats scored twice to cut the lead to 15-10 with 4:35 remaining but could not get any closer.
- Hunter Sharp scored four goals for the Bearcats. Luke Falvo had six ground balls. Michael Layton made 10 saves in the first half. Brandon Martin had seven saves in the second half.
The Blazers visit Rosemont on Wednesday, March 14 at 7 p.m.