Apr 06, 2018
CHESTER, Pa.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth game to the Widener Pride 18-2.
Inside the Box Score
- Bentley LeBarron notched two goals for Hood.
- Michael Mullen had three ground balls while Connor Smith had three grounds balls and a caused turnover.
- Noah Waterlander made 15 saves in 50 minutes of action. Kyle Morgenroth and Trenton Lazorchak divided the remainder of the game in goal.
How it Happened
- Widener controlled much of the first half, taking a 5-0 lead into the halftime break.
- The pride scored four unanswered goals in the third period before LeBarron found the back of the net with 35 seconds remaining in the third period to make the score 9-1.
- Widener outscored the Blazers 9-1 in the final period to close out the game.
- Gavin Kirkwood, Kyle Groark, Kevin Kerby, Nick Dilorio, Paz Gismondi, and Timmy Certeza each scored two goals for the Pride. Brady Franks and John Petricionne each added two assists. Anthony Paone scooped up 11 ground balls and Shane Cook added four caused turnovers. Matt Horton notched five saves in 52 minutes of action and Carter Landry made one save in the remaining eight minutes.
Hood travels to Lebanon Valley on Wednesday, April 11 at 7 p.m.