FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest to the visiting Lebanon Valley Dutchmen by a score of 8-6.
Inside the Box Score
- Bentley LeBarron netted a hat trick and Grayson Zubradt added two goals for the Blazers.
- Jason Jaworski and Zak Kooser each had an assist.
- Ben Gilbert picked up five ground balls and went 11 for 17 on faceoffs.
- Noah Waterlander made 10 saves in goal.
How it Happened
- LeBarron kicked off the scoring at the 7:37 mark before Matt Torrence answered for LVC with 6:15 left in the first period to tie the game after one quarter.
- Zubradt found the back of the net and Lebarron's second goal at 3:55 gave the Blazers a 3-1 advantage.
- The Dutchmen's Alex Bushong responded just 20 seconds later and Torrence again scored just 18 seconds before halftime to knot the game up 3-3 at the break.
- Two goals in the third period by LVC bumped the lead to 5-3 in favor of the Dutchmen heading into the final period of play.
- A goal by the Dutchmen at 12:56 gave LVC their largest lead of the game, 6-3.
- Just over a minute later Eddie Somerville cut the lead back down to two for the Blazers off of a feed from Jaworski.
- Kooser found Zubradt in front of the goal at the 9:33 mark to make the score 6-5.
- A Dutchmen goal with 7:52 remaining pushed their lead back to two before LeBarron returned the favor to make it 7-6 with 4:17 left to play.
- Torrence finished up the scoring adding a goal with 27 seconds remaining to seal the victory for LVC.
- Torrence notched three goals and Kevin Beaver added two goals and a helper.
- Eli Hudson caused three turnovers for LVC.
- Cameron Epple made 12 saves in goal.
The Blazers go to Arcadia on Saturday, April 14 at 1 p.m.