GLENSIDE, Pa. - Hood College's Grayson Zubradt found Bentley LeBarron for a goal with 3:18 left in overtime to lift the Blazers to a 16-15 win over Arcadia in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Zubradt finished with seven goals and one assist.
- Zak Kooser tallied five points on two goals and three assists.
- LeBarron scored three times and Eddie Somerville recorded a pair of goals.
- Will Clampitt had five ground balls.
- Noah Waterlander made 21 saves in net and added five ground balls and two caused turnovers.
How it Happened
- Arcadia took a 15-13 lead with 8:45 left on a goal by Nick Ferraro. Hood scored twice in the next two minutes and 23 seconds to send the game to overtime. Jason Jaworski was the recipient of an assist from Kooser with 7:26 to go and Somerville tied the game off an assist by Mullen at 6:22.
- Ben Gilbert won the faceoff to start overtime and LeBarron scored on the first shot of the period for the win.
- The Knights jumped ahead 7-1 in the first quarter with only Zubradt striking paydirt for Hood.
- The Blazers rebounded in the second quarter and pulled within 10-7 at the half. Zubradt scored three of Hood's goals in the period. Mullen scored with 45 seconds left to bring the Blazers within 9-7, but Arcadia's Austin Williams scored a late goal to make it a three-goal deficit at halftime.
- LeBarron and Zubradt scored to start the third quarter and cut the deficit to 10-9 before back-to-back goals by the Knights made it 12-9. Hood tied the game with three straight goals to end the period. Somerville and Kooser scored to make it 12-11 with 4:16 left. Kooser assisted on a game-tying goal by Zubradt with 58 seconds and the Blazers in a man-up offense.
- Clo Muscara scored five goals and assisted on another for Arcadia. Williams added a goal and five assists.
- Josh Keitz netted 10 ground balls.
- A.J. Beck made 14 saves.
- Hood improved to 7-4 overall and 1-3 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Arcadia is 6-4 and 2-3.
- Hood committed just one penalty in the game.
Hood travels to Messiah on Wednesday, April 18.