Apr 24, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth game to Stevenson 33-7.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt had three goals and an assist.
- Zak Kooser finished with two assists.
- Will Clampitt recorded three ground balls and matched Eamon Mulligan with two caused turnovers.
- Noah Waterlander made six saves in 37 minutes. Kyle Morgenroth and Trenton Lazorchak made five apiece in relief.
How it Happened
- Ethan Christensen scored twice in the opening minutes as the Mustangs took a 4-0 lead with 9:18 left in the first quarter. Zubradt took an assist from Mulligan 12 seconds later to get the Blazers on the scoreboard. After two more goals by Stevenson, Eddie Somerville made it 6-2 with a score at the 6:04 mark of the quarter.
- Stevenson scored 14 straight goals to end the half, including five by JT Thelen.
- Freshmen Michael Mullen and Bentley LeBarron scored the first two goals of the second half but Stevenson scored seven straight to head into the fourth quarter ahead 27-4.
- Jason Jaworski opened the scoring in the fourth period and Zubradt scored the game's final two goals.
- Thelen finished with eight goals and an assist. Christensen scored four goals. Six players had two assists.
- Justin Burnette won 26 of 29 faceoffs and had 18 ground balls.
- Sam Ross made five saves in the first half for Stevenson. Tyler Steinberg played the third period before Marc Poust made nine saves in the fourth quarter.
Hood closes out the season at Alvernia on Saturday, April 28.