READING, Pa. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team defeated Alvernia 13-9 to finish with the first winning record in program history.
Hood finishes the season with an 8-7 record overall and the eight wins tie the school record. The Blazers also won eight games in both 2017 and 2011 but went 8-9 both years.
Inside the Box Score
- Jason Jaworski led the Blazers with five points on three goals and two assists.
- Patrick Hurley scored three goals and assisted on another.
- Michael Mullen had two goals.
- Ben Gilbert won 17 of 24 face offs and led the Blazers with 10 ground balls.
- Will Clampitt had five ground balls and Eamon Mulligan caused two turnovers.
- Noah Waterlander made five saves in 34 minutes and Kyle Morgenroth stopped four in the final 26.
How it Happened
- Tyler McDonnell gave Alvernia a 1-0 lead with 10:36 left in the first quarter but Gilbert won the face off and fed Zubradt just seconds later to tie the contest.
- Eddie Somerville scored four minutes later to give Hood a 2-1 edge heading into the second period.
- Jaworski's first tally of the afternoon made it 3-1 before Jarrett Abernethy scored three times in a 4-1 run to end the half to give the Golden Wolves a 5-4 lead.
- Alvernia added two more early in the third period to make it 7-4.
- Hood rallied with eight straight goals over a 15-minute span to claim a 12-7 lead with 5:47 remaining. Hurley scored all three of his goals during the run.
- Abernethy had four goals and two assists.
- Preston Greener had eight ground balls and four caused turnovers.
- Jacob O'Donnell saved 14 shots.