FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team came out on top with a 16-8 victory in the opener of the 2018-19 season over the Brevard College Tornados.
Inside the Box Score
- Bentley LeBarron led the charge with four goals.
- Grayson Zubradt and Jason Jaworski each netted three goals. Zubradt added one assist.
- Kyle Scott recorded his first career points with two goals and an assist. Patrick Hurley also scored twice.
- Zak Kooser had two assists.
- Eamon Mulligan caused five turnovers, the most since 2016.
- Ben Gilbert scooped up seven ground balls and went 14 of 22 on faceoffs.
- Eddie Somerville and Mulligan grabbed six ground balls.
- Noah Waterlander stopped 14 shots in goal.
How it Happened
- The Blazers opened up the game with a 4-0 run in the first five minutes of the game from four different Blazers. Scott, Zubradt, Somerville, and Jaworski each scored.
- Jackson McKaig scored two straight goals for Brevard to cut the lead with 6:08 remaining in the first period.
- The Blazers closed the quarter on a 3-0 run to hold a 7-2 lead heading into the second period.
- Hood continued the run in the second period with three man-up goals before a Tornado goal made the score 10-3 with just over three minutes before the half.
- Hurley, Zubradt, and LeBarron tallied for Hood to match two Brevard goals in the third period to give Hood a 13-5 advantage going into the final quarter.
- Hood and Brevard each scored three times in the last period to conclude the scoring.
- McKaig notched three goals and an assist.
- Hewitt Farr recorded two goals and two helpers. Jack Shade added two goals.
- Peyton Mooney made 17 saves in 59 minutes of action.
The Blazers travel to Marywood on Wednesday, February 27 at 7 p.m.