FREDERICK, Md.- Two goals by the Blazers in the second half proved to be enough as the Hood College men's soccer team defeated the Rosemont Ravens by a score of 2-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Kyle McQuillen led the attack for the Blazers with a goal and an assist.
- Freshmen Colin Wise claimed the second score.
- Kenton Onspaugh chipped in with an assist.
- Danny Castillo made two saves, recording his second shutout of the season.
How it Happened
- The first half was deadlocked 0-0, with Hood edging the Ravens in shots 9-1.
- In the 58th minute, McQuillen volleyed home a cross from Onspaugh to break the tie.
- Just two minutes later, McQuillen played a ball over the top of the defense that was settled by Wise and poked into the back of the net to put Hood up 2-0.
- Hood continued its attack with an 11-1 shot advantage in the second half.
- Hood is now 4-3 on the season.
- Rosemont dropped to 1-4.
- Chase McKain had four saves in 70 minutes of action and Sean Iannelli had three saves in 20 minutes of action for the Ravens.
Hood heads to Shenandoah on Tuesday, September 19 at 7 p.m.