WINCHESTER, Va. - Hood College led by three goals before Shenandoah scored twice in the final five minutes in a 4-3 win for the Blazers in non-conference action.
How it Happened
- Kenton Onspaugh and Luke Staley scored just over one minute apart early in the first half for a 2-0 lead. Onspaugh scored off an assist from AJ Lewis at the start of the 14th minute and Colin Wise found Staley midway through the 15th.
- The Hornets got on the board with a marker by Andres Garces in the 28th minute to cut Hood's lead to 2-1 at halftime.
- Clay Smith scored in the 64th minute and Alain Shekanino in the 78th for a 4-1 lead.
- Nick Seymour scored both goals down the stretch for Shenandoah. He found the back of the net in the 86th minute, then again with just 24 seconds left to play to make it 4-3.
Inside the Box Score
- Hood made the most of its opportunities in the match, scoring goals on four of the team's six shots.
- Danny Castillo stopped two shots in goal.
- Sam Fischer had one save for the Hornets.
- The Blazers improved to 5-3.
- Shenandoah dropped to 2-5.
Hood hosts St. Vincent on September 23. The match serves as both Senior Day and Homecoming for the Blazers.