FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's soccer team fell to the Gophers of Goucher College by a score of 2-1 in overtime.
Inside the Box Score
- Kyle Bulgarelli netted the lone goal for the Blazers.
- Kenton Onspaugh had an assist.
- Danny Castillo made two saves for Hood.
How It Happened
- The first half was scoreless with Goucher holding a slim 4-3 shot advantage.
- Hood was able to break through when Bulgarelli headed home his first career goal off a corner kick from Onspaugh in the 62nd minute.
- It took the Gophers until the 81st minute to respond when Konrad Bulanowski sent in a corner kick that was headed into the upper corner by Scott Mt. Pleasant to tie the game 1-1.
- The final nine minutes of regulation saw a corner kick from each team but no shots on goal.
- Six minutes into overtime Mt. Pleasant struck again with another header off a Bulanowski corner kick that was redirected by Drew Phillips to end the game in the 106th minute.
- The Blazers drop to 6-4 overall, snapping a three-match win streak.
- Goucher improves to 5-3-2.
- Daniel Hendry had four saves for the Gophers.
- Hood held a 12-8 shot advantage.
The Blazers host Arcadia to open up Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play on Saturday, September 30 at 3 p.m.