CHESTER, Pa. - Hood College's Kenton Onspaugh scored early for the Blazers, but Widener leveled the score early in the second half during a 1-1 tie in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth men's soccer action.
Inside the Box Score
- Onspaugh scored his fifth goal of the season of for Hood with an assist from Colin Wise.
- Danny Castillo made one save.
How it Happened
- In the 12th minute, Wise got the ball to Onspaugh, who took one touch and scored from outside the 18 for a 1-0 Hood lead.
- The Blazers outshot the Pride 12-8 in the first half and did not concede a shot on goal.
- Widener tied the match in the 59th minute when Kevin McKenna scored unassisted.
- Kyle Bulgarelli had a header that was saved early in the first overtime, which proved to be the only shot on net for either side during the overtime periods.
- Hood moved to 6-5-1 overall and 0-1-1 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- It was the third straight trip to overtime for the Blazers with all three matches heading into extra time with matching 1-1 scores.
- Widener is 3-4-3 overall and 0-1-1.
- Danny Thompson turned away 10 shots for the Pride.
Hood hosts Alvernia on October 7.