FREDERICK, Md.- Hood College's Clay Smith scored both goals for the Blazers, but the men's soccer team suffered a close road defeat to the Lebanon Valley Dutchmen 3-2 in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth match.
Inside the Box Score
- Smith turned in his first multi-goal game of the season.
- Danny Castillo notched five saves in 59 minutes of action.
- Brandon Merson made one save in 31 minutes of play.
How it Happened
- Brayden Shuck accounted for the Dutchmen in the 28th minute off of an assist by Tanner Therit after a scrum in the box.
- Lebanon Valley held a 1-0 advantage heading into halftime.
- In the 51st minute, Tyler Skye buried a penalty kick to push the lead to 2-0.
- The Blazers answered right away in the 52nd minute when Smith took a touch around the defender and found the back of the net to cut the lead.
- It was Smith again in the 67th minute to even up the score 2-2 with a penalty kick of his own.
- Isaiah Reid found Ivan Jorel at the top of the box and he curled a shot pass Merson to put the Dutchmen back ahead 3-2.
- Hood falls to 7-7-1, 1-3-1 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Lebanon Valley improves to 9-2-1, 2-1 in MAC Commonwealth play.
- Cam Avery turned away one shot in goal for the Dutchmen.
- Lebanon Valley held a 21-8 shot advantage.
The Blazers visit Albright on Saturday, October 21 at 2 p.m.