FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Clay Smith recorded a hat trick and finished the match with seven points and the defense did the rest in a 5-0 win over Juniata.
Inside the Box Score
- Smith's effort tied for the third most in a single match by a Blazer.
- Ricky Salgado finished with a goal and an assist.
- Liam King scored his first career goal, while Alain Shekanino and Graham Bussink added assists.
- Three goalkeepers split time for the Blazers. Danny Castillo played the first 33 minutes and made one save. Nick Pilny stopped three shots in the next 40 minutes and Isaac Coeto Jr. finished the match with 17 scoreless minutes.
How it Happened
- Salgado took an assist from Smith in the sixth minute to put the Blazers in control early.
- After assisting on Hood's first goal, Smith scored the next three. The junior found the back of the net in the 22nd and 31st minutes to give the Blazers a 3-0 lead at halftime. Shekanino assisted the marker in the 31st minute.
- Salgado fed Smith in the 53rd minute to make it 4-0 and King finished the scoring off a corner by Bussink in the 87th minute.
- Hood held a 17-8 advantage in shots.
- Matt Mottershead played all 90 minutes in net for the Eagles and made five saves.
The Blazers, winners of three straight, host Marywood on Wednesday, September 19 at 7 p.m.