YORK, Pa. - Hood College's Cameron Rogers broke his own school record in the 500-yard freestyle in the preliminaries to lead the Blazers on the second day of the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships.
How it Happened
- Rogers was part of an exciting 500 free preliminary where the top four competitors were separated by less than one seconds. The senior eclipsed his record-setting time from last year with a time of 4:43.24, taking fourth. In the finals during session three, he swam a 4:47.17 to finish seventh.
- The 400-yard medley relay team of Chris Gardner, BJ Daisey, Matt Ball and Lucas Mestas-Nunez placed sixth in a time of 3:35.50.
- Mestas-Nunez finished eighth in the championship final of the 50-yard freestyle in 22.22.
- In the consolation final of the 500, Max Riedel swam a 4:50.52 to place second in the heat and 10th overall. Ball turned in a 4:54.10 in the consolation final to end up 14th overall.
- Hood is in seventh after 12 events with 109 points.
- Albright has tallied 221 points to take the lead.
Action continues at the MAC Championships on Saturday, February 11 at 10 a.m.
All-Middle Atlantic Conference Performances - Thru Session 3
|1||200 Medley Relay||Second Team||Sixth||C. Gardner, BJ Daisey, V. Muleki, L. Mestas-Nunez||1:37.50|
|1||800 Free Relay||Honorable Mention||Seventh||C. Gardner, M. Ball, C. Rogers, L. Mestas-Nunez||7:15.75|
|3||400 Medley Relay||Second Team||Sixth||C. Gardner, BJ Daisey, M. Ball, L. Mestas-Nunez||3:35.50|
|3||500 Free||Honorable Mention||Seventh||C. Rogers||4:47.17|
|3||50 Free||Honorable Mention||Eighth||L. Mestas-Nunez||22.22|
School Records Set at 2017 MAC Championships - Thru Session 3
|Session||Event||Competitor(s)||New Record||Old Record|
|2||500 Free (Prelim)||C. Rogers
SESSION 2 RECAP (PRELIMINARY ROUNDS)
YORK, Pa. - Hood College's Cameron Rogers set the school record in the 500-yard freestyle during the second session of the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships at the Graham Aquatics Center.
How it Happened
- Rogers finished fourth in the preliminaries with his record time of 4:43.24 to break his old mark of 4:43.64 set at last year's championships. There was less than one second separating Rogers from first place, as Teag Culver from Albright finished first with a time of 4:42.88.
- Lucas Mestas-Nunez also went to the finals in the 50-yard freestyle, tying Daniel Jessen from Messiah for seventh place with a time of 22.03.
- Max Riedel and Matt Ball advanced to consolation finals in the 500-yard freestyle. Riedel was ninth with a time of 4:50.20 while Ball was 16th with a time of 5:08.43.
- Session 2 contained only preliminary rounds and there was no team scoring.