STEVENSON, Md. -The Hood College men's swim team defeated Stevenson and Goucher in a quad meet at Stevenson University.
- The Blazers defeated Stevenson 112-20 and also captured the win against Goucher 97-88.
- Hood fell short to Frostburg State 134-68.
How it Happened
- Max Riedel snagged two first place finishes. In the 500-yard freestyle, his winning time was 5:18.72. His 1000-yard freestyle time was the top at the competition at 10:47.60.
- Gaby Hernandez-Paese placed first in the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:10.46. His 100-yard backstroke time of 1:06.14 was enough for a second place finish.
- Matthew Ball was awarded second place in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 58.50. Coming in at 1:02.84 in the 100-yard backstroked bagged Ball a third place finish.
- Placing third in the 1000-yard freestyle was Drew Wilson with a time of 11:30.21.
- Michael Cheripka claimed a third place finish in the 50-yard freestyle coming in at 24.89.
- Riedel, Hernandez-Paese, Ball, and Cheripka finished top of the leaderboard with a time if 1:48.80 in the 200-yard medley relay.
- The Blazers are now 2-2 after the quad meet.
Hood travels to Widener on Saturday, November 4 when they take on Widener, Messiah, and FDU-Florham at 2 p.m.