WILKES-BARRE, Pa. – The Hood College men's swim team is currently in eighth in the Diamond City Invitational where 12 teams are competing.
How it Happened
- Drew Wilson, Collin Coshland, Jerome Nauglan, and Gabriel Hernandez-Paese placed 10th in the men's 200-yard freestyle relay. Their time of 1:41.77 gave the team 14 points.
- Three Blazers secured points in the men's 500-yard freestyle. With a time of 5:04.11, Max Riedel finished fifth. Matt Ball rounded out the top ten finishers with a time of 5:08.93. In 16th was Drew Wilson with a time of 5:18.76. Together, the three grabbed 22 points in this event.
- Hernandez-Paese finished 14th in the men's 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:11.16 which secured 3 team points. He also claimed a 10th place finish in the men's 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:06.55 earning 7 points.
- In the 400-yard medley relay, Riedel, Hernandez-Paese, Ball, and Wilson combined for a time of 3:58.03. Their efforts placed them seventh and scored 24 points for the Blazers.
- Riedel, Nauglan, Ball, and Coshland claimed a ninth place finish in the men's 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:54.94 earning them 18 points.
- Reidel's time of 4:37.94 in the men's 400-yard individual medley was good enough for a fifth place finish and 14 points.
- In the men's 100-yard butterfly, Ball claimed 15th with a time of 57.79 earning 2 points for the Blazers.
- After 10 events, the University of Scranton is ahead by 112.5 points. The Blazers go into day two of the Invitational in eighth place with 81 points.
Hood heads back to the Diamond City Invitational tomorrow to conclude their two day event.