ANNVILLE, Pa. - Hood College's Gabriel Hernandez-Paese won three individual events and was part of a winning relay as the Blazers tied Lebanon Valley 109-109.
How it Happened
- Hernandez Paese opened the meet on the 200-yard medley relay, along with Max Riedel, Matt Ball and Collin Coshland, which won in 2:00.23. Hernandez-Paese later added victories in the 100 backstroke (1:09.17), the 200 breaststroke (2:48.34) and the 200 individual medley (2:29.72).
- Riedel won the 200 free in 1:12.74 and the 400 free in 4:35.44. He was second in the 200 back in 2:27.13.
- Drew Wilson scored a win in the 800 free and finished second in two other events. He had the winning time of 9:51.46 in the 800 free and was the runner-up in the 400 free (4:42.81) and the 100 breast (1:19.24).
- Ball picked up a victory in the 100 free with a time of 58.47. He took second in the 100 butterfly in 1:05.31.
- Coshland was the winner in the 50 free in 28.14 and was second to Ball in the 100 free (1:05.60).
- Jerome Naulgan finished third in both the 100 fly (1:15.86) and the 100 breast (1:19.68).
Hood travels to the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships in York, Pa. on February 15-18.