WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - Hood College's men's swim team is in seventh place after the first day of the Diamond City Invitational hosted by King's at the Wyoming Valley Catholic Youth Center.
How it Happened
- Max Riedel had two top-five finishes as an individual and swam on four relays that finished in the top 10. He was third in the 500-yard freestyle in 4:58.61 and he swam the 400 individual medley in 4:33.88.
- Gaby Hernandez-Paese was sixth in 2:13.92 in the 200 IM. He was seventh in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:05.21.
- Both swam on the 400 and 800 free relays and the 200 medley relay. The 800 free relay, along with Matthew Ball and John Foley, was sixth in 7:50.33. In the 400 free relay, they again teamed with Ball and Foley for a time of 3:54.77, good for seventh place. Riedel and Hernandez-Paese were joined by Ball and Cameron King on the 200 medley relay, which was eighth in 1:49.77.
- Ball was eighth in the 500 free in 5:07.64.
- The 200 free relay placed eighth as Riedel, King, Foley and Andrew Bezmen turned in a time of 1:37.93.
- Hood tallied 171 points.
- King's is in first with 440.5.
The Diamond City Invitational concludes on Sunday, November 18.