Apr 15, 2017
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's tennis team scored its first win of the 2016-17 season with a 9-0 win over visiting Frostburg State.
How it Happened
- The Blazers opened the day by winning all three doubles matches, including an 8-0 victory by Jorden Hahn and Conor Riggin at second doubles.
- Alex Sexton and Michael Brady teamed for an 8-2 win at first doubles, while Joe Benton and Tanner Ruths were 8-4 winners at third doubles.
- Brady, Hahn and Riggin each dropped only a single game in their respective singles matches. Brady won 6-0, 6-1 at second singles, while Hahn and Riggin won by matching 6-1, 6-0 scores at fourth and fifth singles.
- Sexton won 6-0, 6-2 at first singles, with Benton winning 6-2, 6-0 at No. 3.
- The closest match of the day was at sixth singles, where Ruths won 6-2, 6-4 over Toheeb Aroworowon.
Hood hosts Stevenson on April 18.