ANNVILLE, Pa. - Hood College's AJ Lewis picked up a victory in the season opener for men's indoor track and field at LVC Dutchmen Invitational.
How it Happened
- Lewis won the 400-meter dash with a time of 56.07 seconds, nearly nine-tenths of a second faster than the runner up. He also ran a 6.96 in 55-meter dash, narrowly missing the finals.
- Evan Ellington became the third-fastest individual in Blazer history in the 55-meter dash with a time of 6.85 seconds in the preliminaries. The newcomer finished sixth in the finals with a 7.01.
- Fred Roberts joined Lewis and Ellington with a Middle Atlantic Conference qualifying performance. Roberts long jumped 19-6 (5.94 meters).
- Hunter Klein's 31-4 3/4 (9.57m) was a career-best indoor in the shot put since arriving at Hood.
- "Overall it was a great opener for us, we started off our indoor season with a bang where we posted a lot of personal bests and conference qualifiers. As a staff we couldn't be happier with where we are at to start the year," head coach Chris Benassi.
The Blazers head to the Little Dip Invitational at Franklin & Marshall on January 25.