FREDERICKSBURG, Va. - Hood College's Hunter Klein had a school record and a top-five finish to lead the Blazers at the UMW Opener at Mary Washington.
How it Happened
- Klein set the school record in the shot put at 10.76 meters (35-3 3/4). He broke David Andren's 10-year-old record by nearly two inches. Klein later had a personal best in the javelin of 42.18 meters (138-5) to finish fifth.
- Zach Crossey took fifth place in the 1500-meter run with a time of 4:16.99.
- Fred Roberts had three top-eight finishes. He was first in the pole vault, clearing 3.50 meters (11-5 3/4), which ranks third all-time at Hood. His long jump of 5.88 meters (19-3 1/2) was eighth, as was his high jump of 1.65 meters (5-5).
- Evan Ellington qualified for the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships with a time of 11.66.
From the Coaching Staff
- "Today was a good introduction into outdoor and a good test for our athletes. We came away with some good performances and some learning moments for our younger athletes. We look forward to continuing our progress next week at Elizabethtown."
Hood heads to the Early Bird Opener at Elizabethtown College on March 22-23.